|After opening the box... Click for a bigger picture.|
|All stuff that was in the package. Click for a bigger picture.|
I started with measuring all the resistors and organizing them in a good way as to not mix them up. The bottom row of resistors are the extra gain resistors supplied with this kit.
|Resistors measured and organized. Click for a bigger picture.|
Then I started by mounting the resistors on the board, starting with the smallest ones and ending with the biggest ones. I've heard it's a good idea to not mount the big ones in the bottom right corner directly on to the board. It's good to keep a couple of millimeters between them and the board, probably because they will become hot during operation, I guess. I simply put a little spacer between the resistor and the board when I was soldering and then removed it when I was done.
|Resistors mounted on the board. Click for a bigger picture.|
|Diodes and small capacitors mounted, except C6 and C7. Click for a bigger picture.|
|Film capacitors and DIP-sockets mounted. Click for a bigger picture.|
|Three-legged thingys mounted on the board. One very small, two bigger ones and one really big one. Click for a bigger picture.|
Then it was time to mount some more capacitors. Started with the smaller round ones and the two tower-shaped ones. When mounting capacitors to the board like this it's very difficult to make them sit nicely to the board so I only solder one leg. Then I reheat that joint and push the capacitor flat to the board and adjust it so it's not leaning in any direction or so. This is also a good opportunity to double check that the polarity is right. Do NOT mount these the wrong way, then shit will happen :P Then I solder the second leg.
|Some more capacitors mounted. Click for a bigger picture.|
|Big capacitors mounted. Click for a bigger picture.|
|Connectors, volume pot and switches mounted. Click for a bigger picture.|
|The not so very clean board after using k-sprit. Click for a bigger picture.|
I have also cut the ground traces as described on NwAvGuy's blog for mounting the ODAC to the board. I just took a sharp kitchen knife and careful cut the traces. Measured before with a multimeter and had close to 0 ohms and after cutting the traces it was not the same result so apparently I've succeeded in cutting them.