Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

41Hz AMP15-PS XP UPDATE #3

So I've continued my work with the amplifier and soldered tha cables and jumpers to place. But I also got to know that I've mounted the diodes the wrong way around. The anodes should be towards the FET and I've mounted the cathode towards the FET. So this means I will have to remove two of the cables, all four diodes and one resistor and then turn the diodes with the very short legs and then put everything back in place again. I'm a bit disappointed at that, not very clear assembly instructions to be honest.

But after I've done that I should be ready to go, just clean the board with something (I heard denatured alcohol would be okay), put some heatsinks on the transistors for the pre-regulators. Also remove all the screws and bolts from the TO220 devices as apparently the heat slugs carry voltage. Will have to use some glue or something to hold the nylon washers in place.

Click for a bigger picture

Click for a bigger picture

Click for a bigger picture

Click for a bigger picture


Diodes correctly mounted with the anode towards the FET. Click for a bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment