Pages

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

In Flames - Lunar Strain

This is In Flames' first album released in 1994. It has 14 tracks (my album does, it contains some extra promo tracks). It is recorded at Wrong Again Records.


I'm a big fan of In Flames and I've been listening to most of their albums for a long time. My personal favorites are Soundtrack To Your Escape and Clayman but I knew of the other albums as well. The album I had spent least time with is probably Lunar Strain. Why? Because I thought it sounded so boring and that audio quality was way too bad and so on.

So why am I writing about this album and not one of my favorites? It's because this album has become my new favorite. As I get better equipment I rediscover albums that I never used to listen to before and this is not an exception.

Lunar Strain hasn't got that typical In Flames-sound which is apparent on all other albums. This sounds more like death metal I think. And Mikael Stanne is doing vocals, not Anders Fridén. In my opinion this album is a little more non-mainstream and unique than In Flames' newer ones.

My favorite tracks on this albums are Starforsaken, Hårgalåten and Upon An Oaken Throne.

MasVis analysis

Audio quality - 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment